10 Ways to Love Yourself and Nature
Practicing self-love seems like a radical act these days. Take some inspiration from this list, and take some time to love yourself and nature. You and Mother Earth SO deserve it!
1. Take a break and go outside for 10 minutes. Take it all in. Breathe deeply, focus on something beautiful, feel your feet on the ground.
2. Use a pretty reusable bag when you go to the store.
3. Go for a hike on a local trail and turn your phone off while you’re doing it. Repeat this walking meditation from Thich Nhat Hanh:
I take refuge in Mother Earth.
Every breath, every step
manifests our love.
Every breath brings happiness.
Every step brings happiness.
I see the whole cosmos in the earth.
4. Use a reusable water bottle and decorate it with stickers that bring you joy.
5. Stare up at a starry night sky.
6.Donate to an environmental organization that works to protect and conserve, such as Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation.
8. Volunteer with a local environmental organization. Polk County Conservation has lots of great opportunities!
9. Treat yourself to a Wander Women Iowa camping adventure.
10. Take time everyday to tell yourself and Mother Nature that you deserve and are worthy of love, appreciation, and respect.